Science Challenge Winner

November 04, 2014
Congratulations to the the winner of our first weekly Science Challenge. The question was:

"How would placing a coat around a snowman affect the time it takes to melt?"

Pupils had to decide whether the snowman would melt more quickly, would take longer to melt or whether it would take the same amount of time to melt and explain why. This question required the pupils to use their knowledge of thermal insulators. The answer from our super scientist in Year 5 earned her a prize.

"When my name was called out in assembly I was happy. I won a pen and a bag of Maltesers and I got a certificate too. The Science Challenge made me think a bit but it didn't take me long to remember what I had learnt in year 4 about thermal insulators. I'm going to try to answer the science question every week - I like a challenge!"


Popular Posts

Search This Blog

Blog Archive