P-HIC: Year 2, 3 and 4 Literacy Group

May 18, 2015
In preparation for our visit from Krazy Kat Theatre Company, Year 2, 3 and 4 P-HIC Literacy group have been learning the story The Princess and the Pea.

Children have been expanding their emotional vocabulary by exploring the feelings of the characters. They have been including what they have learnt in their writing. The children’s emotional literacy has been supported through National Deaf Children's Society (NDCS) literature. What are you feeling?

“Once upon a time a handsome prince had horses and plenty of gold but he was lonely because he wanted a princess.”

“The King, Queen and Princess felt disappointed.”

The children have been using speech marks in their writing to show what the characters are saying.

“I have a pea I will hide it under the bed,” giggled the Queen.

“I am a princess and I am lost. I am cold and have mud on my clothes,” shivered the princess.

Our P-HIC pupils rewrote the story in their own words. The children have been using colourful semantics to develop good grammar and make more interesting sentences. 






Popular Posts

Search This Blog

Blog Archive