Key Stage 2 Maths Challenge Winner

February 18, 2016
Congratulations to the winner of last week's Maths Challenge. The challenge was to create a story behind the question 215 - 129 = ? Our magnificent mathematician from Year 4 wrote: "I was playing with my dogs. I set a target for 215m for the Frisbee to be thrown. I only managed to throw it 129m. How many metres more should I have thrown my Frisbee? Answer 86m." We were very impressed with how clearly this answer applied maths to a real world situation. Great work!

"We had to come up with a story to match the sum. I did the Maths Challenge because I like making up stories. Miss Muskett called my name out in best work assembly. When she called out my name I was, like, don't clap the winner because it's you! I felt really happy. I won a certificate and a little packed of chewy sweets. I shared them with my friends. When I told Mummy she said, 'Oh wow! Well done!'"



Popular Posts

Search This Blog

Blog Archive